KARAKAS :Each planet is supposed to be the karaka of certain events in life.
BHAVAS :- These correspond roughly to the “Houses” of Western Astrology . The most powerful Point in a bhava is its Madhya Bhaga or Mid point whereas the first point is the most Powerful in “Western House” . There are 12 Bhavas and each controls rather Signifies Certain important events and incidents .
BHAVAS HOUSES KARAKAS SIGNIFICATION
1-Thanu 1st.House Sun Build,body, appearance, fame, defamesuccess, complexion, nature of birth etc
2-Dhana 2nd.House Jupiter Family, speech, vision, wealth, death
3-Bhratru 3rd.House Mars Brother, sister,(born after the native )
intelligence,courage,throat,ears, father’sdeath, relatives in general etc.
4-Matru(Sukh) 4rth.House Moon General happiness, vehicles, education,mother, immovable properties etc.
5-Putra 5th.House Jupiter Fame, children, poorvapunya, emotion, feelings, faith in God, etc.
6-Satru 6th.House Saturn Diseases, debts, misery, enemies, accidents, mental affliction, mother’s brother etc.
7-Kalatra 7th.House Venus Wife/Husband, death, tact, marital happiness
8-Ayur 8th.House Saturn Longevity, gifts, un-earned wealth, legacies nature of death, disgrace, degradation etc.
9-Pitru(Dharma)9th.House Sun Father, righteousness, preceptor, God,father guru, long travels, piety, grand children,
intution, sympathy, fame, charity leadershipcharity, religion, communication with sprits
10-Karma 10th.House Jupiter Occupation, karma, philosophical knowledge honours, foreign travels, self respect, dignity means of livlihood, etc.
11-Labh 11th.House Jupiter Gains, elder brother/sister, friends, aquisition,freedom from misery, and happy tidings etc.
12-Vyaya 12th.House Saturn Loss, moksha, extravagance, expenditure,
confiscation, sayan sukha(pleasure of couch)lefteye,feet,incarceration, devine knowledge and piety ,and a final emancipation (moksha) etc.
Sun –father, body, political position,soul,gold, fame, goverment
Moon –mother, mind, politeness, manners,cold, silver, milk
Mars –brother, sisters, physical strength, impetuosity ,zeal, enthusiasm, land, litigation,Treasures,accidents, husband, weapons, bravery etc.
Mercury –uncle, intelligence, dexterity, wit, humour, trade, education, eloquence etc.
Jupiter –progeny, sons, daughter, philosophical wisdom, learning, religious and general Happiness, honours, priest hood, etc.
Venus –wife/husband, marriage, sexual pleasure, family, bliss, music, other fine arts, jewels romance, mother during day, etc.
Saturn –servants, servitude, longevity, sorrows, impediments, poverty , dishonour, livelihood, unpleasant, father during night, et
Rahu –Paternal grand father, spritual “ganana”, poison, pilgrimage, etc.
Ketu —Maternal grand father, moksha, leprosy, etc.
- Planets in 12th. Bhava Native is fortunate in respect of the above “KARAKA HOUSE”as-Sun in 12th fortunate in respect of 9th Bhava
- Planets in appropriate Bhava is bad- as Sun in 9th., Jupiter in5th., etc.
- A benefic planet owing a square house or quadrant is a malefic but, if he is placed in his own house which happens to be a square house, he loses his malefic nature and becomes a powerful benefic.
- A natural malefic becomes a benefic, if he owns a quadrant and becomes a very powerful benefic, if he owns a trine house
- A planet which owns a benefic, and malefic houses at the same time, becomes neutral
- A benefic planet by ownership, occupies a malefic house becomes neutral
- A malefic by ownership, if posited in a benific house, becomes neutral and will produce only mild evils.
- A benefic by ownership occupying a benefic place and a malefic by ownership occupying a malefic place becomes powerful benefic and malefic respectively.
- Planets owing a benefic house along with the ownership of the 6th. 8th. 12th. becomes a neutral , but will do evils to considerable extent during the second half of their Dasa and Bhukti .if they own the 2nd, 3rd. or the 11th. house along with a benefic house , they will do good during their periods.